Stainless steel is popular because of its clean appearance and long-lasting durability, but as one of the most often handled places in your house, you’ll want to know how to keep it cleaned and looking its best for as long as possible.
Stainless steel sink bench is a popular choice in the house, especially for kitchen and bathroom appliances. This might include your worktops, sink, and other equipment in your kitchen. Many people have taps and showers in their bathrooms that are partially composed of stainless steel.
Disinfecting and cleaning your surfaces
Consumer Reports provided tips on household products that can destroy the coronavirus. The best ways to keep yourself healthy include:
- Washing hands frequently.
- Covering coughs and sneezes.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Staying home if sick.
- Practising social distancing and following guidelines set by public officials.
If you do need to go outside, wear face coverings and practice physical distancing. Use hand sanitisers containing 60 per cent alcohol or higher whenever possible.
How to Get Stainless Steel to Shine Again?
Additionally, like Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaning Wipes, seek a cleaner with a protectant to repel grime and fingerprints. If you’re looking at an older model, our article on how to restore the stainless steel to its former glory could be helpful, but if you want to keep things simple, here are some suggestions:
- Use a microfiber cloth instead of paper towels when cleaning surfaces. This will help prevent scratches from forming in the first place.
- Clean your appliances regularly, so they don’t build up any dirt or grime over time.
Tips for cleaning stainless steel
1. Use an abrasive cleaner such as Scotchbrite on all areas where you want to clean. This is especially important if you have scratches or dents on your surface. The abrasives help remove any dirt and grime from the metal.
2. Clean with warm water only. Do NOT immerse the entire piece into hot water!
3. Wipe away excess moisture using a dry towel.
4. Allow it to air-dry completely before storing
How to Clean Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless steel is an excellent material for cooking because its non-stick properties quickly release food from pans without sticking. However, like any other type of cookware, you need to take proper precautions when cleaning stainless steel cookware. Here are some basic guidelines on how to clean stainless steel cookware properly.
Use soap and warm water only. Never use abrasive cleaners such as scouring pads or harsh detergents that could scratch the finish.
How to Clean Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel is used extensively in commercial kitchens, and it’s simple to see why: it’s a rigid, easy-to-clean material that comes in a variety of finishes, and it also looks beautiful. When cleaning stainless steel, the first thing to do is make sure you’re using the right cleaner. Although most cleansers are designed for stainless steel, some may contain chemicals that might harm or discolour other metals, such as copper or aluminium.